One of the things our little team has missed the most during months of lockdown has been our ritual of outings to check out the latest menu offerings from restaurants in and around the city. Fondly referred to as ‘field trips’ in the office (because weren’t those always the best days at school?), these exploratory experiences are always something to look forward to. Last week, we broke our winter hibernation habit to venture (safely, of course) to the area’s newest sky-high lounge, and we are not sorry about it!
Since first touring the hotel spa at The Grand Hyatt in early fall, we’ve been itching to get back on site to check out some of the other amenities, particularly the 25th floor lou|na. With floor-to-ceiling windows surrounding the space and expansive outdoor lounge area and seating situated for eliminating distancing worries, the cocktail hotspot is perfect for savoring the happy hour experience that has been oh-so-missed by our team. It’s an ideal spot for any curious crew, and not just because of the space. The attention to detail and staff expertise with craft cocktails and mixology ingredients mixes a bit of education with local lore and, of course, lifting libations. These were a few of our favorites from the visit and definitely our top suggestions on what to order first at this retro-cool bar.
The Cocktail Edit
- Message in a Bottle – Served in a Coup, this blended specialty is topped with a mini replica of the latest exhibit from The Frist Center for The Arts with the details tied into an actual scroll at the bottom of the glass.
- Who Stole The Tarts—You can’t help but have fun when a bright pop of house-made cotton candy and sugared gummies is the garnish. Lou|na works with the chef’s kitchen to make several gourmet finishing touches, including the chocolate guitar garnish on the Sly Fox, made with Nashville’s own Nelson’s Green Brier Tennessee Whiskey.
- Pink (Louna)cy– Because everyone needs a little neon surprise with their Grey Goose. Even better with the splashes of aloe and elderflower liqueurs.
The Menu Edit
- Raw + Shave Cauliflower– Even when cocktails are at the top of our list, having healthy snacks on hand is always a bonus in our group (it’s all about balance, right?). This one is bright, flavorful and lightly tossed with white balsamic.
- Atlantic Sea Scallops – Creamed leeks for the creamy and chorizo oil for a kick. This was hands down a top choice at our table!
- Meatballs – Not your mama’s recipe. Theirs are lettuce wrapped and spiced with the perfect touch of a Sriracha Sorghum Glaze.