“Spring is here…we can’t go out and properly celebrate, so why not do it at home”, Ledja Cobb exclaims. A former Los Angeles fashion executive, and married to six-times Grammy-winning music producer Dave Cobb, Ledja is the avid hostess extraordinaire. Hence it was only a matter of time before she and another dear friend, Kimberly Lewis of Emerson Grace, put their minds together to come up with their new entertaining idea- “an invitation-only intimate gathering of women focused on bringing native Nashvillians and newcomers together.” Add to this a collaboration with The Nashville Edit, and a perfect evening it became.
“FLOWERS IN BLOOM”
The guests wore their own interpretation of Spring’s arrival, donning colorful florals and bright bold colors. The evening’s theme was also an integral part of the decor throughout Ledja’s home. A wall decorated with floral bouquets welcomed guests into the home, and beautiful flower arrangements were dotted throughout the party area.
The locale was Chéz Cobb, home of Ledja, Dave, and family- A 1969 Tennessee Modernist home designed by famed architect Robert Anderson, and renovated by the Cobbs.
“BRING IN YOUR OWN”
- PRIVATE CHEF– Who also happens to be celebrity chef Rahaf Amer, and a previous contestant on “Chopped”. Her company, 5 Loaves, aims to provide people intimate dining experiences at the comfort of their own homes.
- SOMMELIER / MIXOLOGIST TO BRING IN WINE PAIRINGS (OR COCKTAILS) Hire that sommelier who can also bring in exciting new and delicious wines. Jamie Trott, of JP Bourgeois Wines, previously a highly esteemed sommelier, is now behind hot up-and-coming vintner JP Bourgeois, who focuses on small family vineyards throughout Europe, with a special passion for organic and biodynamic wines, female winemakers with unique stories.
- TABLESCAPE ARTISTE Prop stylist & “visual storyteller” Taylor Colson Horton of the creative consulting group And Delight Reigned brought in fresh moss and brightly colored candlesticks which complemented the evening’s vibe.
“IT’S ALL IN THE DETAILS”
- Flowers: Mixed Spring bouquets in bright florals from Nashville’s Rose Hill Flowers, and included tulips, jonquils, sweet peas, poppies, hydrangea, and ranunculus.
- On the menu: Cheese & charcuterie board, mixed greens salad with blood orange, and almond brittle, radish toast with Affinois cheese and bourbon smoked sea salt, Salmon with roasted tomatoes on the vine, all by celebrity private chef Rahaf Amer of 5LoavesNashville.
- For dessert: Brown butter almond financier, seasonal fruit compote.
- To drink: French Champagne and wines, especially paired by former sommelier Jamie Trott of JP Bourgeois.
A mix of Ledja’s country faves, mixed in with a touch of Lady Gaga.
As the wonderful evening came to an end, Ledja’s guests received Lord Jones CBD gummies, adorned with oversized silk flowers as a thank you and a “not-so-subtle reminder of our “budding” friendship”.